This page brings together the latest news from Haiti, provided by independent websites and Twitter accounts. You will also find blogs from members of our platform, and friends from Haiti and abroad.
The articles on this page do not necessarily reflect the position of the Coordination Europe-Haiti.
There does not seem to be an end to the political and socio-economic crisis in Haiti. President Jovenel Moïse, accused of corruption and fraud, governs by decree and without parliament. Due to gang violence and other circumstances, fair elections are impossible. 82 organizations in Haiti and abroad are denouncing impunity, corruption and above all the complicity of the international community with the current government. This article was written in a personal capacity and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the COEH.
The representative of the COEH in Haiti, Colette Lespinasse, participated at the presentation of a successful programme of GAFE (Groupe d’Action Francophone pour l’Environnement). GAFE adapted their strategies to implicate all actors involved in the production of garbage and in waste management: the street vendors who are selling next to the schools, parents, students, teachers as well as local authorities.
This month marks the tenth anniversary of the introduction of cholera in Haiti, due to the neglect of United Nations troops belonging to the MINUSTAH (United Nations Mission for Stability in Haiti). To mark this occasion, various Haitian organisations conducted a popular tribunal to symbolically judge the United Nations, the Haitian State and the company Sanco SA for serious neglect causing the death of more than 8.000 people.
- Criminalité : 4 membres du gang armé, dénommé « 5 segonn », arrêtés le 21 novembre 2020 par la Police nationale d'Haïti
- Haïti - Actualité : Zapping
- Haïti - Actualité : Zapping...
- Haïti-Culture : Des ambassadeurs/drices du livre à Petit-Goâve
- Haïti-Violences : Port-au-Prince sous tension, le 20 novembre 2020, avec un mouvement armé du groupe « Fantom 509 », apparenté à des policie...
- Actualités : Lundi 16 novembre 2020
- Sécurité : Léon Charles nommé ad intérim à la tête de la Police nationale d'Haïti
- Actualités : Lundi 9 novembre 2020
Browse through all published articles
Read previously sent newsletters