This page brings together the latest news from Haiti, provided by independent websites and Twitter accounts. You will also find blogs from members of our platform, and friends from Haiti and abroad.
The articles on this page do not necessarily reflect the position of the Coordination Europe-Haiti.
Communication from the Steering Committee of the Europe Haiti Coordination in solidarity with the Haitian people, after the assassination of Mr. Jovenel Moïse
After the assassination, on July 7, 2021 of Mr. Jovenel Moïse, de facto president of Haiti, the Coordination Steering Committee of the CoEH wishes to express its solidarity with the Haitian people, for months victim of a spiral of violence, corruption, destruction of institutions of which Mr. Jovenel Moïse became one of the many victims, after having been an important actor.
More than 150 Haitian, European, Latin American, Canadian and African organisations
(trade unions, NGOs, associations, peasant movements, feminists, citizens), among them the COEH, are calling for a
change in international policy towards Haiti.
The situation in Haiti has been turbulent for quite a while, but covid-19 infections fortunately remained few during the past year. This now seems to be changing as the number of infections is increasing rapidly, while vaccines are not yet available. Meanwhile, armed gangs are blocking the major access roads of the capital Port-au-Prince. The government is taking no actions. The residents are trapped. This article is taken from the Dutch website La Chispa (www.lachispa.nl ).
- Haïti-Politique : Vers un accord politique entre l'opposition et la société civile, en vue d'une solution haïtienne à la crise
- Haïti-Politique : La veuve de l'ex-président de facto assassiné Jovenel Moïse envisage d'être candidate à l'élection présiden...
- Haïti - Actualité : Zapping...
- Haïti - Diaspora Covid-19 : Bulletin quotidien #497
- LA FIN D'UN FANTOCHE QUI JOUAIT AU MARIONNETTISTE
- Invitation to our Haiti Support Group AGM
- Haiti’s revolutionary and intellectual history has lessons for the future
Browse through all published articles
Read previously sent newsletters