This page brings together the latest news from Haiti, provided by independent websites and Twitter accounts. You will also find blogs from members of our platform, and friends from Haiti and abroad.
The articles on this page do not necessarily reflect the position of the Coordination Europe-Haiti.
Eleven years after the earthquake the destruction process of Haiti, and not of its Reconstruction, is continuing. It is as if the Haitian people are still living among the rubble, like the first day of the disaster. Will the country find the necessary internal energy and solidarity to win this bet? Colette Lespinasse is sharing her opinion on the current situation.
There does not seem to be an end to the political and socio-economic crisis in Haiti. President Jovenel Moïse, accused of corruption and fraud, governs by decree and without parliament. Due to gang violence and other circumstances, fair elections are impossible. 82 organizations in Haiti and abroad are denouncing impunity, corruption and above all the complicity of the international community with the current government. This article was written in a personal capacity and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the COEH.
The representative of the COEH in Haiti, Colette Lespinasse, participated at the presentation of a successful programme of GAFE (Groupe d’Action Francophone pour l’Environnement). GAFE adapted their strategies to implicate all actors involved in the production of garbage and in waste management: the street vendors who are selling next to the schools, parents, students, teachers as well as local authorities.
- Haïti - Actualité : Zapping...
- Haïti - Diaspora Covid-19 : Bulletin quotidien #313
- Invitation: Haiti Support Group AGM & Film Screening
- Haïti-Élections : Malgré un contexte de crise politique aigüe, Jovenel Moïse appelle la communauté internationale à accompagner son collège...
- Haïti-Insécurité : Le journaliste Vario Sérant, évacué vers le Costa-Rica après avoir été gravement atteint par balle
- Haïti-Insécurité : Le journaliste Vario Sérant, évacué vers le Costa Rica après avoir été gravement atteint par balle
- Haïti-Insécurité : Le journaliste Vario Sérant, victime d'une attaque armée, le 28 décembre 2020, à Port-au-Prince
Browse through all published articles
Read previously sent newsletters